What do they do?
Raisbeck's Dual Aft Body Strakes improve directional stability, passenger ride quality, pilot control and aircraft handling characteristics, and climb and cruise performance. Factory-installed on all new King Air 350s, Raisbeck Dual Aft Body Strakes are The New Standard—plus, they will give your King Air B200GT a fresh, modern appearance.
Wing/body vortices normally disrupt airflow under the aft fuselage, creating drag. Dual Aft Body Strakes eliminate this separation, channeling the vortices and accelerating the air—in effect, pushing the airplane through the air.
- Eliminates yaw damper inoperative altitude limits, increasing your dispatch reliability
- Improved directional stability and pilot control
- Reduced drag in all flight modes
- Improved passenger ride quality
- Quieter cabin and cockpit
- Increased climb and cruise performance
- Inherently reduced minimum control airspeed
- Classic Beech ventral fin is removed
- The shedding wing/body vortices are captured under the aft fuselage pressurizing and reducing aft-body drag resulting coanda-effect attaches the aft-body airflow
- Equivalent vertical tail area is increased