How does RARS work?
By making the airflow to the engine more efficient, the Ram Air Recovery System (OEM standard on new King Air 250s) decreases ITT 18° at equal torque, prevents FOD and increases all weather capability.
- Significantly improved climb and cruise performance with ice vanes stowed or deployed
- 18º cooler engine ITT at equal torque
- 8% increase in available horsepower
- 8% to 11% block fuel savings (as part of the 250 EPIC Platinum Performance Package)
- Ice vanes may be deployed at any time including taxi and takeoff when at OATs up to ISA +27ºC*—Use of ice vanes on RARS- equipped aircraft on the ground and during takeoff and landing minimizes the risk of foreign object damage.
- Developed and tested in conjunction with Pratt & Whitney of Canada, Ltd
- FAA-Certified for ice-vane deployment on the ground and in the air
- Utilizes coanda-effect aerodynamics for efficient airflow vectoring
- Full inlet plenum sealing through unique full-body diaphragms